Vibe Arts is looking to hire a Program Assistant.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject ‘Program Assistant‘.
Application deadline: Sunday, September 15th at 11:59PM
Position Title: Program Assistant Reports To: Program Director Contract Term: October 2019 – June 2020
Department: Programming Status: Casual Part-time
The Program Assistant works under the direction of the Program Director and Programming Team to help support and facilitate tailor-made, multi-disciplinary arts education programs in various communities across Toronto. VIBE programs strive to be culturally and socially reflective, innovative and inclusive, the Program Assistant will be the key ambassador to ensuring programs are delivered to these standards. The Program Assistant must be highly organized, dependable, independent and comfortable working in front of groups and liaising with community partner organizations. As a front-facing representative of VIBE Arts, the successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, positive energy, an ability to work with diverse communities. The Programming Assistant understands the dynamic nature of outreach programming and uses as well as a responsive and flexible approach to arts education. This position requires a creative and patient individual who is excited to take part in arts education programming and most of all are not afraid to get messy.
- Provide program support by assisting lead artists with the facilitation of arts programs at school and community sites
- Track program data (such and number of participants and event attendees) and report these stats to program staff by a deadline
- Document programs through photo and video and work with the Communications Manager to share program and organizational updates on social media
- Conduct program site visits to consult, evaluate and support artists when needed
- Assist with the design and collection of project evaluations and program plans
- Ensure health and safety measures are in place for all programs to support artists and program partners, participants
- Assist in the collection of Artist Reports, Venue/Community Feedback, letters of support for programs as needed
- Assist with the distribution and collection of media/photo release forms
- Assist with the preparation of art materials and equipment for programs both on-site and at VIBE HQ
- Support special events when needed
- Provide additional support to VIBE staff/organization as required
Desired Experience, Skills and Assets:
- A background or interest in the arts and/or arts education
- Experience facilitating or presenting in front of groups
- Experience working in community development settings
- Experience working with diverse communities especially children and youth
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Enjoys working with others and can take direction easily
- Flexible scheduling which could evening and weekends
- Can get to multiple locations across Toronto with ease
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check (or willing to obtain VSS Police Check through VIBE Arts)Work Conditions
From 0 – 24 hours per week, working on-site at outreach locations across the City of Toronto. This position may require occasional evening or weekend hours to support our outreach programs
VIBE Arts supports that we all have different paths and that passion is a great driver in community work. Please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. Equivalent experience will be considered. We value diversity, are committed to providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
If you require accommodation during the hiring or interview process please contact email@example.com.